Thursday, August 26, 2010

To restrict the artist is a crime. It is to murder germinating life.


Two things:

1) My two favorite artists are Egon Schiele and Mary Blair.

2) Right now I'm staring at a computer screen when I should be looking for reference for more flash work.. I have more ideas- mainly dealing with suburbia(my all-time, most favorite subject), but I'm wondering if I should just refine the Miner Series.. I feel it was maybe a bit hasty and sloppy.

Also, if you know you will be accepting a "sell-out" type situation in this industry but it will be your first chance to prove yourself as a tattoo-artist, would you take it? Would you be okay with almost no control over content you're given to work with?
You have ideals, and sometimes you pick and chose your battles. Which one is this? I am aware that my course of action in this type of situation will directly effect my very sick, very tired support system..

No comments: